Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
megan_deboer
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Data- What is the best option?

Good Morning,

I'm working with Qlik Sense Desktop and trying to take three files and create apps/sheets off of them. Each file consists of the same data points but, one file is monthly data (01/2016-04/2017), the second file is weekly (05/2017-07/2017), third is daily data. Again, each file consists of the same data points just different cadences of time. In order to make a filter for example off of year, I would need to make one filter off of each file and I don't know of a way to do that.

My question is it more advantageous to merge all three files with different date ranges or is it possible to combine the files within the different dimensions and measures? I'm open to any suggestions.

Thank you!

Megan

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dan_sullivan
Creator II
Creator II

assuming your daily file contains all the data, i would only load and use that one.  You can then create calendar flags during the load to quickly be able to calculate month, year, week values using set analysis.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ahaahaaha
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi,

You need to use the master calendar. How to do it, look here

Generating Missing Data In QlikView

Regards,

Andrey

dan_sullivan
Creator II
Creator II

assuming your daily file contains all the data, i would only load and use that one.  You can then create calendar flags during the load to quickly be able to calculate month, year, week values using set analysis.

antoniotiman
Master III
Master III

Hi Megan,

Daily File only + Master Calendar

Regards,

Antonio

megan_deboer
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Thank you everyone. I decided to merge into one file!