Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Data entry form

Good day to all,

anyone have any idea how to create a data entry form in QlikView with or without external code modules, or if there are facts that can be integrated already in the QV or where can I find them?

thx for all help

best reguards

Gianluca

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
matt_crowther
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Attached is an example file that is about as close as you can get to inputs into Qlikview - it simpl isn't designed to do that.

Other solutions could be a series of Input Boxes linked to variables.

Hope that helps in some way,

Matt - Visual Analytics Ltd

View solution in original post

7 Replies
matt_crowther
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Attached is an example file that is about as close as you can get to inputs into Qlikview - it simpl isn't designed to do that.

Other solutions could be a series of Input Boxes linked to variables.

Hope that helps in some way,

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for help Matt.

bye bye and have a nice days.

Gianluca

derekjones
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Matt

I've just looked at your excellent example and I'm scratching my head on how you have made the fields updateable. Can you tell me where you can set this property as I can't seem to find it in any of the settings?

My thanks in advance

Derek

matt_crowther
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Derek,

I have to admitt I wasn't the first person to come up with this concept.

However the key area to look at is the 'InputField...' command near the start of the load script; this sets the listed fields to be updatable.

For calculations you simple use the inputsum() function which is great for sales people to adjust their forecasts to see how it plays out and for comments simply add the column from what I can tell.

Hope that helps,

derekjones
Creator III
Creator III

Thank you Matt.

eladsense
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

actually there is a very simple "all in one" solution for it - klikins

www.klik-ins.com

you can enter verbal or numeric data, edit it, customize your reports, input fields, sub totals  in straight type or complex pivot tables, save data from the app (dashboard) straight to your DB or temporarily save it to enable future editing and many more complex functions made easy.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author