Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Data loading

Hi All,

I am trying to create data model for profit and loss balance sheet requirement where I have 20,000,000+ records.

for this the General ledger information is coming from a spread sheet, the common key between spread sheet and the Fact table is GL Account ID, and also unit ,department, and amount fields are coming from 3 different tables. UNIT, DEPARTMENT and FACT:

here in my fact table I have Account id and GL Account ID, the relationship between these two fields is many to one.

here I need an aggregated fact table by GL Account ID, Fiscal year, month, unit, department,

two achieve this I have loaded my data as follows:

Fact data is coming from binary load initially, then I have made some transformations on the loaded fact table, then I deformalized it  in to 2 tables with a combined key between these two tables. then prepared an aggregated table  with ,GL Account ID, Fiscal year, month, unit, department.

now when I reload the Application it is taking nearly 2:40 hours on my machine with 8 GB ram. please suggest me the any best approach to reduce the execution time and better way to optimize the application.

2 Replies
daniel_kusiak
Creator II
Creator II

Hi johnDawson

Try running your document through QV Document Analyzer. You can download it here: http://qlikviewcookbook.com/recipes/download-info/document-analyzer/

Maybe it will give some insight.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Daniel Kusiak.