Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Data protection in Source Document !!

Hi EveryOne;

I am newbie in qv publisher and I read several doocuments training.

I want to know what is the section "Data protection" in the "RELOAD"section of Source document. I would know the utility of checking "Section Access" and what we should put in the "user" field and "password".

It is the purpose of this section if we have a document .QVW with the "section access" developed in the script?

and if we have a .qvw and access section configured QV publisher? thank you

3 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

If your document have section access they you must provide section access admin account details their.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

I Reload tasks without Check " Section Access" in Data Protection ; and my QVW contain a section access session .

It works ; but , I don't found the utility of cheking or Uncheck "Section Access" in Data protection for reloading !!

Luis_Cortizo
Former Employee
Former Employee

The purpose of that multibox is to specify a user to be used when reloading the application.

If nothing is specified then, the user that make the logon of the services need to be included on the Section Access in order to be able to reload the QlikView Document.

As stated in the online help of the Management Console:

"By default, the reload will be performed as the user under which the QlikView Distribution Service (QDS) is running. The Section Access setting allows the use of another user when performing the reload. To by-pass the default setting, tick this check box and enter the desired user and password in theUser Name and Password text boxes. To use the default setting, untick this check box."

So, those parameters are not about to provide security over the Source Document but to provide a user in order to be able to execute the reload.

Hope it helps.

Best regards.