Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Data reduction with qualified field name

I am trying to restrict a user to see the data from only one company, CIC, using data reduction.  All of our columns are qualified.  However, when I try the code below, it doesn't work.  I have set "Initial Data Reduction Based on Section Access" and "Strict Exclusion".  I also can't seem to find an example of a Section Access using qualified field names.

Can anyone please help?  Thanks.

Section Access;

LOAD * INLINE [

ACCESS, USERID, ProductPlan.COMPANY

admin, qlikadmin, *

user, user01, CIC

];

Section Application;

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I'd rather avoid using qualified field name for data reduction, but there was another problem with your original section access.  Filed name used for data reduction must have name in ALL CAPS, not just the data.  You've obviously fixed this problem by using field name DATA_REDUCTION_COMPANY.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Have you tried with a UPPER case table name?

Not applicable
Author

Yes, I have tried using upper case table names but it didn't work either.  In the end, I just created an unqualified column DATA_REDUCTION_COMPANY and used that instead for data reduction.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I'd rather avoid using qualified field name for data reduction, but there was another problem with your original section access.  Filed name used for data reduction must have name in ALL CAPS, not just the data.  You've obviously fixed this problem by using field name DATA_REDUCTION_COMPANY.