cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Data selection for Charts

Hi guys,

following problem:

I want to show the sales revenue of my department in a chart, split up into regions.

I chose a line chart to do so. It gives me one line for each of my three regions.

The problem is that there a revenues that are not assigned to a region (in the data, this field is just empty). How can I include a forth line in my chart, that shows "other region" / "not assigned region"?

I want this chart to be fixed, no matter what region the user selects.

Thanks for your help!

Cheers,
Lina

5 Replies
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

To make it fixed, add a {1} SET STATEMENT into each expression in the chart.

EX:  change sum(Sales)   to sum(  {1}  Sales) . 

(You would do this in both aggregations in any advanced aggr statements as well (IE:   sum( aggr(sum(Sales) , Region))  to  sum ( {1} aggr( sum ( {1} Sales),Region))  )

Try to enable 'show all values' on the dimensions on the dimension tab to find the blank/missing bucket of values.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi!

Take a look on the attached file!

Regards,

Gabriel

Not applicable
Author

Hey,

thanks for you responses. Unfortunately it is a little bit more complicated.

I attached a file that hopefully helps demonstrate my point:

- The three regions are not identical to the geographic regions, but are emerging market 1, emerging market 2 and developed markets.

- I want to include the last three rows of data as forth line ("other") on my diagram. These are the values that are not assigned to any of the three markets.

I hope someone can help me.

Thanks,
Lina

Not applicable
Author

Hey,

thanks for you responses. Unfortunately it is a little bit more complicated.

I attached a file that hopefully helps demonstrate my point:

- The three regions are not identical to the geographic regions, but are emerging market 1, emerging market 2 and developed markets.

- I want to include the last three rows of data as forth line ("other") on my diagram. These are the values that are not assigned to any of the three markets.

I hope someone can help me.

Thanks,
Lina

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Those extra data values are not associated to region or zone but they are to year.

In that specific scenario , I wrote this to capture them in the chart. But what about other dimensional contexts ?  This may need to be tweaked.

Sum({1<Year=$::Year> - $<Year=,Zone={'Z1','Z2','Z3','Z4','Z5'} >}Data)

Capture.PNG.png