Qlik Community

QlikView App Development

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Highlighted
Not applicable

Date set analysis problem

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to make it so that when I select a certain month that the current year's data up until that month is also included in my calculation. For example:

I select February of this year, it is currently June. I just want to see the data from January and February of this year, not January - June. What would be the best way to do this without having to select both January and February.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Joe

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
effinty2112
Honored Contributor

Re: Date set analysis problem

Hi Joe,

Try this set modifier in your expressions.

{$<Year = {$(=max(Year))}, Date = {'<=$(=max(Date))'}, Month =>}

I'm assuming you have a calendar with a Year field. If you have any other selectable calendar fields like Qtr you should add , 'Qtr =' to the above set so that if you select the 2nd Qtr then select a date in that Qtr your expression will total from the beginning of the year not just from the beginning of the 2nd Qtr..

Cheers

Andrew

4 Replies
MVP
MVP

Do you have date field?

If yes, you can achieve this using date field...

=SUM({<InvoiceYear=, InvoiceMonth=, InvoiceDate = {">=$(=YearStart(Max(InvoiceDate)))<=$(=Max(InvoiceDate))"}>}Sales)

Change InvoiceYear, InvoiceMonth and InvoiceDate field names respective to your data model.

effinty2112
Honored Contributor

Hi Joe,

Try this set modifier in your expressions.

{$<Year = {$(=max(Year))}, Date = {'<=$(=max(Date))'}, Month =>}

I'm assuming you have a calendar with a Year field. If you have any other selectable calendar fields like Qtr you should add , 'Qtr =' to the above set so that if you select the 2nd Qtr then select a date in that Qtr your expression will total from the beginning of the year not just from the beginning of the 2nd Qtr..

Cheers

Andrew

Not applicable

Thank you! Much appreciated.

effinty2112
Honored Contributor

You're very welcome Joe!