Did you mean: 
rolandg1881
Creator
Creator

Date special period

Hi!

Hope every one is healthy at this time!

I have a question. 

I need a "special period" for Employee Time evaluation in cause of covid! Thank you covid! 😉

I need this Periods for exampe

month march and year 2020 = Value march2020

months march and april and year 2020 = april2020

months march, april, may and year 2020 = may2020 

.... to (for example June2021)

if i chose the value june2020 automaticly them months march, april, max, june and year 2020 should be choosen.

Perhaps i think to complicated but i found no solution for this problem.

Do you have any idea?

Thanks Roland

Labels (1)
4 Replies
Vegar
MVP
MVP

Take a look at HIC's old but still good blog post on the As-of-table. It could be a suitable solution for your needs. 

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/The-As-Of-Table/ba-p/1466130

/Vegar 

rolandg1881
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you thats intresting but i explain why i need this.

The Report is a overview for the employees how many holidys and "free Hours" they have.

In june every employe gets 25 new holidays every year. 

The most of the employees are in homeoffice and they notice their worktime and holidays etc in an excel. every month i add this data to my list for qlikview. we start with homeoffice in march an every employee has at this startdate his ammount of holidays. For example i have 13 holidays in the time report system. i notice my uses holidays in the excel list. for example in may i was 5 days in holidays so i had in the overview end of may 8 holidays on my "timeaccount". in june i got 25 days. So i have to add this 25 days in the report for july = 33 holidays. Every employee should get such an overview every month. My problem is how i take the 25 days automaticly to the list so my idea was if i chose may2020 the 25 days are not added i see the actually amount of holidays from march to may (account - used) and if i chose for example July as overview Date holidays on the report = (holidays from march account - used + 25 days from june! 😉 Long text i hope i could explain it. Sorry for my austrian english! 😉 Thank you for reading

Kushal_Chawda

@rolandg1881  you can make use of field event trigger like in attached qvw file

Assuming that you need this logic only for this COVID period and for other months selection should work normally.

Create two variables which defines the range of COVID Period.I have considered Mar 2020 to Jun 2020. you can change it according to your need.

Variables:
1) vCOVIDPeriodStart
=date(makedate(2020,03,01),'MMM YYYY') // March 2020

2) vCOVIDPeriodEnd
=date(makedate(2020,06,01),'MMM YYYY') // June 2020

In attached file, go to document properties->triggers->field event triggers and check the trigger applied on Month filter.

rolandg1881
Creator
Creator
Author

That looks good!

Thank you very much!!