cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
safik003
Contributor III
Contributor III

Default filter value and conditional selection

I have four list boxes say date, insurance no,claim no and bill no. By default latest date will be shown.accordingly latest insurance no of that date,claim no and bill no will be selected automatically.only one value can be selected from each of these filters.one more condition,if I select insurance no then only I will be able to select claim no and if select claim no then only I will be able to select bill no respectively. Accordingly relevant data will be shown in the pivot table. Is it possible to build? Many thanks in advance.

11 Replies
tharanikannan
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi,

Please share a sample qvw to work on. It seems to be possible. I will give a try .

Thanks,

Tharani.

safik003
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Tharani!

I'll attach one sample file for your reference soon.

Thanks,

Safik

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Did you missed that?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
safik003
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi,

Instead of date, insurance no,claim no and bill no fields I have these four list boxes but the above condition remains same. Can you please help me out? PFA the file. Many thanks.

Sorry for the late reply

sunny_talwar

I am not sure I follow what you are looking to do here? Can you explain using an example from the sample attached

safik003
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Let me put you this way, I have four filters(list box) Sales Date,Product No, Serial No,Warranty Period In Year  in my dashboard. Mapping between these filters are like this A Sales Date can have many Product No, Product No can have many Serial No,and a Serial No can have many Warranty Period though the mapping doesn't make sense still take it for just an example. By default I need to select maximum Sales Date,Minimum Product No for that maximum Sales Date,Minimum Serial No for selected Product No and for that Serial No minimum Warranty Period will be shown by default. It goes something like this---

Maximum Sales Date ------> minimum Product No  ------->  minimum Serial No--------> minimum Warranty Period.

I have tried this using OnActiveSheet trigger but only the first two filters are getting selected.Rest are not getting selected on server.Trigger can be used on OnOpen or on PostReload. Hope you got me.

safik003
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

forgot to mention, only one value can be selected from each of these filters like When default values are cleared and If we try to select more than one value it will restrict me to select multiple values from each filter. I have tried this by checking "only one value selected" from the list box properties but not getting satisfied result.
sunny_talwar

May be like the attached

safik003
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I can't open the file. Can you please send me a personal edition one?Thanks.