Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Default selection on Open

I would like like to know if there is a way I can make default selection of my products based on the indicator.I would like to have the products selected with an indicator 'Y' on open.

Please let me know.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

ActiveDocument.Fields("Indicator").Select "Y"

Select everything with Y in the Indicator field and QlikView will only display those records. You don't have to select each Product Name manually, QlikView will handle that through the field associations.

View solution in original post

13 Replies
Not applicable
Author

You can use a macro and setup a trigger when the user is opening the document

Look at the API guide. and in the document settings.

Philippe

Not applicable
Author

Thanks For the reply.

I did tried usinga a macro ,But I didn't find a way to evealuate by Indicator='Y'.

Not applicable
Author

Select everything with Y in the Indicator field and QlikView will only display those records. You don't have to select each Product Name manually, QlikView will handle that through the field associations.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks,That works but I would like to see my products with indicator Y selected as green on open.

Thanks again

mike_garcia
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

You can go to Settings > Document Properties and select the tab named 'Triggers'. Then, you canb add, as an Action to perform on open, the desired selection.

Mike.

Miguel García
Qlik Expert, Author and Trainer
fedcas
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Ok, but if I have "Y" and "X"? How is the best way?

Thanks!! Smile

Not applicable
Author

Try this:

ActiveDocument.Fields("Product").SelectPossible

That selects Y in the Indicator field and then selects all associated Products, which makes them green.

Not applicable
Author

Hi All,

I have also posted almost same post same like this. Hope some one who gave solution here can help me out too. Waiting for your reply!

http://community.qlik.com/forums/t/24345.aspx

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Miller Yes