Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Delay Trigger

Hi

I have a document with 6 sheets (5 actually but implemented a dedicated 6th reload sheet which triggers a reload).

i have 3 variables controlling the auto switch between sheets (each sheet has a conditional show sheet > vShow = 1 or vShow = 2  etc to enable or hide)

vSheets = 6;

vDelay = 60;

vShow =ceil((frac(now())*86400/(vSheets*vDelay)-floor(frac(now())*86400/(vSheets*vDelay)))*(vSheets));

i got the above example off the net and it works brilliant to switch automatically at a set delay, but i need to change it up a bit.

Delay for Sheet 1 needs to be 20 seconds and Sheet 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 needs to be 60 seconds.

Ive play'd with triggers and all sorts but i think im overcomplicating it, any help?

3 Replies
avinashelite

try like this:

add one more variable for the sheet one delay and use the if condition to act on the hide and show

vSheets = 6;

vDelay = 60;

vDelay1=20;

vShow =if(vSheets=1,ceil((frac(now())*86400/(vSheets*vDelay1)-floor(frac(now())*86400/(vSheets*vDelay1)))*(vSheets)),

ceil((frac(now())*86400/(vSheets*vDelay)-floor(frac(now())*86400/(vSheets*vDelay)))*(vSheets))

);

Not applicable
Author

Unfortunately that doesnt work as vSheets is never equal to 1.

vSheets is a "max" number of sheets, vShow is used to cycle from 1 - 6 (vSheets)

marcus_sommer

You could use the id from the current sheet to have indiviual delays for each sheet:

vDelay = pick(match(getactivesheetid(), 'Document\SH01', ...), 20, 60, ...)

- Marcus