Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rustyfishbones
Master II
Master II

Desktop License no longer valid

Hi All,

I have a single user Desktop license that I use on my laptop for testing etc.

Last week I started receiving messages regarding Personal Edition and explained that I only had 4 attempts, 3 attempts etc.

Now I can't open any Qlikview Document I created using my Licensed copy.

1. My License is Valid and I know because I checked the license on another machine and it Validated Successfully.

2. I have uninstalled Qlikview and Re-Installed on my machine and the license still does not validate.

3. Qlik have confirmed that the license is valid.

Has anyone seen this before, where a valid license for some reason can't validate on a machine any longer, I am using Windows 8.

Also, I have had this license for almost 2 years without any issues on the same laptop.

Regards

Alan

16 Replies
rustyfishbones
Master II
Master II
Author

Anyone any thoughts on this issue?

Anonymous
Not applicable

A guess, but how about asking Qlik to delete the old problem licence and issue you a brand new fresh one.

rustyfishbones
Master II
Master II
Author

Hi,

I have been given a fresh License to try and that also fails, and both my license and the new one are valid as I tested these on my Colleagues PC.

Regards

Alan

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have any kind of Firewall running on your laptop that could be stopping the validation over the internet ?

rustyfishbones
Master II
Master II
Author

Hi Bill,

Not that I am aware of but I will check that

Regards

Alan

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

When attempting to get your license validated, do you receive any messages? Or does it fail silently?

Assuming that this all pertains to the installation of a Local License, did you try to activate your license using a LEF file (no internet connection needed)?

Peter

Digvijay_Singh

Not sure but it seems registry info is corrupted, could be a bug in Qlik installation process, see if Qlik related registry info is not getting removed properly by un-install, by any chance evaluation copy is installed over unknowingly? Just throwing questions in case you could get some hint of the problem.

rustyfishbones
Master II
Master II
Author

Hi All,

I have tried everything here and still the license will not validate on this laptop.

I have uninstalled and removed all folders, but yet, each time I download Qlikview again it still recognised the previous windows user name as the last install, should I be removing a hidden file when uninstalling, where is it holding the information for the Username and Organisation

Regards

Alan

Gysbert_Wassenaar

If you had Qv 9.x or earlier installed once upon a time then there could still be registry entries. Did you also remove the QlikTech directories in the AppData folder in your user profile directory?

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand