Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Detaching an Object

I have a chart in Sheet(SH01). I want to detach it from all the other sheets except SH01. How can i do that ?

4 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

Detaching an object means that it becomes static and no longer responds to selection changes. So you are detaching from the selection state, not from other objects.

If you need to ignore specific selections, you can use set analysis in your expression to "detach" the expression from those selections.

Hope that helps

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

You can detach an object by selecting

Chart Properties -> General tab -> Select Detached.

in the sheets you required.

Or

Try copy object and paste in the sheets by using "Paste Sheet Object AS Link" option of right mouse.  Now in sheet 1 unlink this object by using

Right Mouse Click -> Linked Object -> Unlink This object

Now whatever the changes you did for the objects the change is reflected in all the sheets, except in Sheet 01. 

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jonathan,

Can you explain in a little more detail about how to "detach" a single expression within a chart/table from a specific selection on the overall dashboard?

I have a straight table and a line graph that both include planned data and actuals data to track testing status. The user needs to be able to select a 'Plan Version', but this selection should not impact the actuals expressions. We still need all of the other selections made by the user to take affect though.

Thanks a lot,

Bret

Sakura
Creator
Creator

Create alternate states.