cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bobiloco
Contributor III
Contributor III

Development Environments - options?

We're adding developers and need new environments for them to develop and reload large QlikView applications.

The main issue is RAM for large files ( at least 16 gigs per user ) and file transfer rate for opening and saving documents.

Right now nobody works from their laptops - they all remote into either personal VMs or else directly onto a QlikView server where they have to be local admins. Otherwise even opening a 200mb file takes too long when you're doing it over and over all day.

Are there any other options, perhaps cheap configurations of AWS nodes, where many users can share a pool of resources?

Thank you!

Labels (1)
1 Reply
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

About the best I have is to check out the Scalability area of Community for guidance there, but there are multiple ways to go at things, just a matter of what is going to be most efficient and cost effective...

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Scalability/gh-p/qlik-scalability

Most companies that I have worked with directly tend to have a dedicated development server for the developers to use, the trick is having a large enough server to handle the number of concurrent developers and apps that may be loaded concurrently...

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.