Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Diferencies between data bases datas and data stored in .qvd files

Dear all,

I made a QV file where I import all the data directly from a SQL Data Base. All work fine and all my tables and results are fine. This file is working in my computer.

Now, I create, what I call, a loading data File in the server, which will load all the data from the data bases and create .qvd files. The purpose of this is loading all the table once, and acces import the qvd files in several working files. I use the same script as the one in my computer so I can compare my file and the server files results.

But some strane things appear in the server file, the results are not the same and I cannot figure why.

• This Pivot table is the result of my computer file, and it is correct, only one "Trazabilidad" is highlighted:

Tabla1.jpg

• The same Pivot Table come from the server file which import the QVD data, and show 2 "Trazabilidad". The second "Trazabilidad" is not correct and must not be highlited. The formula is quiet simple, if the total of "Instal Tot Trazab" is greater than "Cant. Kaizen", then color it. As you can see, for LAN15090, the total is equal as Cant. Kaizen, and the must no be highlighted, as the table one. (The formulae are the same, no diferences between tables).

So I came in the conclusion that the only diferences is the source of the data, one from the data bases, the other one from qvd files.

How can I resolve this problem, as it appear in others tables too. Does QV change the format when saving in qvd of the numbers data? How can I check that?

Table 2.jpg

Thanks for your help.

Patrick

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Patrick,

I use this model all the time and never faced any data issue. In this case I guess that issue is due to datamodel. QV doesnt change the data while creating QVDs.

You can load the fact table from QVD and compare with SQL to conclude on data discrepency. If the values are matching then data model needs to be validated.

Kiran.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Are there the same Qlikview versions on your desktop and on the server?

Not applicable
Author

Thanks both for the quick response.

Kiran - I check the data of the QVD files versus SQL Data and the also the data imported in the first QV file. All are the same.

Bastien- That's a good question, I didn't think about it, but what I can say is that my QV is version 10 and the server also. But not sure yet about the decimal, and don't know if that matter.

I Will check with IT to have the precise version.

But I don't find the solution yet.

Patrick