Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Different outputs for macro sorting

Hello,

I have a dynamic chart which created based on a macro script. And in that macro I have a sorting method for a specific column.

Sub SortChart 

Set ch = ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject("ADHOC") 

ch.SortBy 4

Set p = ch.GetProperties 

Set dims = p.Dimensions 

i = dims.Item(0).SortCriteria.SortByNumeric 

If i = 1 Then 

dims.Item(0).SortCriteria.SortByNumeric = -1 

Else 

dims.Item(0).SortCriteria.SortByNumeric = 0 

End If 

ch.SetProperties p 

End Sub 

The weird thing is that in the Qlikview Application is sorting well, I have the desired output. Is sorting descending based on desired column.

But when I access the application from the web (linked to a server). Is sorting the chart ascending. I've tried to invert the 'SortChart' macro but nothing.

Do you have any idea why this is happening ?

Thank you!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

If possible you should avoid macros within the gui  and there are different alternatives for creating User Controlled Charts In QlikView.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

10 Replies
marcus_sommer

The macro itself is running and only the sorting didn't work?

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Yes, the macro is running. The sorting is working well in the qlikview application. But on web is reversed. I want to sort Descending, but on web is sorting Ascending.

marcus_sommer

With web you mean the IE plugin? Which releases from desktop client, server and plugin do you use?

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

The application is on a qlikview server, linked to a domain (website). I'm using a ticketing url in order to link the qv application. And the browser I'm using is Chrome.

marcus_sommer

Chrome meant you are using the ajax-client and the most macros won't run in them.

- Marcus

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Why are you using a macro at all? You could sort by expression for example and use a variable to specify if you want to sort in ascending or descending order. Or use the same dimension twice, once sorted ascending and once sorted descending, and then show/hide one column based again on the value a variable that the users sets with for example a button or text object.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Is the same thing in Internet Explorer too.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for the answer. But I'm working on a already developed application, and the chart is dynamical created each time when you press some buttons. And I have to find a workaround.

marcus_sommer

If possible you should avoid macros within the gui  and there are different alternatives for creating User Controlled Charts In QlikView.

- Marcus