Qlik Community

QlikView App Development

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Highlighted
Not applicable

Different outputs for macro sorting

Hello,

I have a dynamic chart which created based on a macro script. And in that macro I have a sorting method for a specific column.

Sub SortChart 

Set ch = ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject("ADHOC") 

ch.SortBy 4

Set p = ch.GetProperties 

Set dims = p.Dimensions 

i = dims.Item(0).SortCriteria.SortByNumeric 

If i = 1 Then 

dims.Item(0).SortCriteria.SortByNumeric = -1 

Else 

dims.Item(0).SortCriteria.SortByNumeric = 0 

End If 

ch.SetProperties p 

End Sub 

The weird thing is that in the Qlikview Application is sorting well, I have the desired output. Is sorting descending based on desired column.

But when I access the application from the web (linked to a server). Is sorting the chart ascending. I've tried to invert the 'SortChart' macro but nothing.

Do you have any idea why this is happening ?

Thank you!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

Re: Different outputs for macro sorting

If possible you should avoid macros within the gui  and there are different alternatives for creating User Controlled Charts In QlikView.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Highlighted
MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

The macro itself is running and only the sorting didn't work?

- Marcus

Highlighted
Not applicable

Yes, the macro is running. The sorting is working well in the qlikview application. But on web is reversed. I want to sort Descending, but on web is sorting Ascending.

Highlighted
MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

With web you mean the IE plugin? Which releases from desktop client, server and plugin do you use?

- Marcus

Highlighted
Not applicable

The application is on a qlikview server, linked to a domain (website). I'm using a ticketing url in order to link the qv application. And the browser I'm using is Chrome.

Highlighted
MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

Chrome meant you are using the ajax-client and the most macros won't run in them.

- Marcus

Highlighted
MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

Why are you using a macro at all? You could sort by expression for example and use a variable to specify if you want to sort in ascending or descending order. Or use the same dimension twice, once sorted ascending and once sorted descending, and then show/hide one column based again on the value a variable that the users sets with for example a button or text object.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Highlighted
Not applicable

Is the same thing in Internet Explorer too.

Highlighted
Not applicable

Thank you for the answer. But I'm working on a already developed application, and the chart is dynamical created each time when you press some buttons. And I have to find a workaround.

Highlighted
MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

If possible you should avoid macros within the gui  and there are different alternatives for creating User Controlled Charts In QlikView.

- Marcus

View solution in original post