Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qliklizzy
Creator II
Creator II

Dimension Expression excluding two selections

Hi

i have an expression in dimension which allows my table to be unchanged when making a selection on that specific item.

(Aggr(Rank(count({<FlagType={'Session Record'}>}{$< BookedConsultantName = >}EpisodeID),4), PrimaryProcedureName)<=6,PrimaryProcedureName)

but i now need to add another unchanged selection:

so i tried this but failed...

(Aggr(Rank(count({<FlagType={'Session Record'}>}{$< BookedConsultantName = >} {<FlagType={'Operation Record'}>}{$< ConsultantName = >} EpisodeID),4), PrimaryProcedureName)<=6,PrimaryProcedureName)

i thought i could just add another simply to the count?  any ideas?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sasiparupudi1
Master III
Master III

Try

(Aggr(Rank(count({<FlagType={'Session Record'},BookedConsultantName=,FlagType={'Operation Record'},ConsultantName=>} EpisodeID),4), PrimaryProcedureName)<=6,PrimaryProcedureName)

View solution in original post

17 Replies
sasiparupudi1
Master III
Master III

Try

(Aggr(Rank(count({<FlagType={'Session Record'},BookedConsultantName=,FlagType={'Operation Record'},ConsultantName=>} EpisodeID),4), PrimaryProcedureName)<=6,PrimaryProcedureName)

qliklizzy
Creator II
Creator II
Author

thanks have just tried..

i get error in expression ; with the error showing at the comma after 6, prcoedure name greyed out?

Aggr(Rank(count({<FlagType={'Session Record'},BookedConsultantName=,

FlagType={'Operation Record'},ConsultantName=>} EpisodeID),4), PrimaryProcedureName)<=6,PrimaryProcedureName)

sasiparupudi1
Master III
Master III

are you using this in a if condition? would you please share your complete expression?

qliklizzy
Creator II
Creator II
Author

sorry my bad; yes there is an IF(

Thank you - works perfect!

qliklizzy
Creator II
Creator II
Author

sorry, the consutlant works but the booked consultant doesnt.

its still selecting the data when you select on booked consutlant?

The info that its counting is in the operation records not the session records so may be why it works for consultantName, but  having said that it works on one exclusions for booked consultant - so its struggling to do them both

thanks

sasiparupudi1
Master III
Master III

try the following, it will show error because of the - sign

if (Aggr(Rank(count({<FlagType={'Session Record','Operation Record'},BookedConsultantName-={'*'},ConsultantName=>} EpisodeID),4), PrimaryProcedureName)<=6,PrimaryProcedureName)

hth

Sasi

qliklizzy
Creator II
Creator II
Author

thanks once again!

expression is ok, but still fails to show data when bookedconsultabt selected.

i do have expressions on the data also; to show the count by those procedures whether this impacts why data does not come through - becuase i used the same kind of expression as i did for the dimension:

count({<FlagType={'Session Record'}>}{$< BookedConsultantName = >} {<FlagType={'Operation Record'}>}{$< ConsultantName = >} EpisodeID)

sasiparupudi1
Master III
Master III

Would you mind sharing a sample?

qliklizzy
Creator II
Creator II
Author

how would i do that ?

its hospital theatre data you see; and wouldnt be able to share patient detal