Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Direct Discovery Issue - low performance

Hi All,

I am working on direct discovery for an existing application. I have all the code in place (direct query) with

following variables.

SET DirectTableBoxListThreshold = 100000;

SET DirectConnectionMax=30;

The Teradata table is huge some 30Billion rows over which I am doing direct discovery query. After reload at the first time it gives me the good results but as I navigate and change the filter, the application goes on thinking and never produced a result.

Is it because a huge data set or I am missing something here (in list boxes)?  Also If I tried to close the application and open it on desktop - it's taking forever to open.

Please help. Or any other work around to handle this situation.

Any reply appreciated!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It worked. Finally.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

you have to check the sql query, generated from QlikView. Direct Discovery generate some queries with WHERE ... IN () command from Dimension. If IN has many varchar values , sql server needs some time to replay. You can tray to change varchar dimension to integer.

How many dimensions do you have? If you don't need all full dimensions, you can change the dimensions to DETACH typ. Direct Discovery will be faster and sql queries are sympler. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

My SQL is :

SET DirectTableBoxListThreshold = 100000;

SET DirectConnectionMax=30;

ODBC CONNECT TO 'XXXX';

DIRECT QUERY

DIMENSION ACCT_KEY_NUM, PROD_KEY_NUM, DTE_KEY_NUM

MEASURE

SELL_PRICE_DLR

FROM

XX.YY_FACT ;

Noconcatenate

PROD_DIM:

Noconcatenate

Account_DIM:

Noconcatenate

TIME_DIM:

Which will give me a good data model.

How can I see the query generated by QV?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

If you use MS SQL Server, you can see QlikView queries with SQL Server Profiler.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Got it working fine on my local. But when I try to put it on access point it gives me an error 'Database Connection failed'.

Not sure why?

Any Suggestions?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It worked. Finally.