Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rajveersinghsisodiya
Contributor III
Contributor III

Direct Discovery not working on Access point !!

Hi Friends,

We are trying to use direct discovery feature in application but its not working on access point, what are the  different configuration settings we need change in server & publisher to use this feature ?

We are getting Database connection failed error in the chart.

Could you please help !!!

Thanks !!

Rajveer 

4 Replies
rajveersinghsisodiya
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

No one knows how to change configuration settings for Direct Discovery !!

CYRUS
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hello, 

I have the same Issue,

I searched for a lot of posts in the community but never been answered. 

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Try the following link, should get you many links in the Help regarding limitations and how to that will hopefully get you on the right track, but this may be best handled by arranging a conversation with your account manager as well to ensure you are using the best solution we have available at this point.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/search/?q=direct+discovery

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
CYRUS
Contributor III
Contributor III

I don't know If DIrect discovery in Qlikview is realy an fisible solution to present Live or big dashboards(Bigdata)

I tried to connect to a big transaction table using direct discovery. since I select any filter, it goes to database and run query again but most of the time it failed during running query and show nothing as a result. any way sometimes is working (it means that query is correct). network and database connection is reliable and fast but i have failure time to time.

at the end i decide to use Odag instead of direct discovery.