Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.
My problem - Direct discovery and time data type
Source MS Sql Server 2008 R2
Table UsersLog whith field lgdate - data type "Datetime"
userLogin as "Login"
NATIVE('CONVERT(varchar(10), lgdate,102)') as "Date",
NATIVE('rtrim(ltrim(str(datepart(hh, lgdate))))+char(45)+rtrim(ltrim(str( datepart(mi, lgdate))))+char(45)+rtrim(ltrim(str(datepart(s, lgdate))))') as "Time 1",
NATIVE('replace(CONVERT(varchar(8), lgdate,108),'':'',''|'')') as "Time 2",
NATIVE('CONVERT(varchar(19), lgdate)') as "DateTime 1",
NATIVE('CONVERT(varchar(19),lgdate,120)') as "DateTime 2",
Result after LOAD:
Next, add new record in source table and result QV:
Where is Time new record? what is problem?
Go to Solution.
QlikView Direct Discovery FAQ 11.2 SR7.pdf
• Can be used to build aggregated charts on homogeneous large data sets
• Can be used to look at detail records in a table box on large data sets
• Can reflect updated records without reloads (not new records)
• Can support more than one Direct Discovery table in certain scenarios
• Not as fast as in memory apps
• Will always be slower compared to SQL query run times on source due to associative model
• Not a solution for scalability/performance issues in the underlying source
• Not designed to convert all tables in apps into Direct Discovery mode
• Not a real time solution