cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
richnorris
Creator II
Creator II

Disable preceding load?

Does anyone know of a way to disable preceding loads / specify that you don't want one? I'm having trouble, because I'm trying to create a binary store of all my mapping loads, that take a long time to load but don't change, and then loading this at the start of my ETL that loads in the changing rows.

However, what I get in the binary store is actually just one table, because it seems to have done a preceding load, ignoring all my table names (I can't really see why, nothing indicates this should happen) which means that obviously my applymaps wont work in the ETL. 

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marksouzacosta
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi Rich,

I'm not sure if I got you right but there we go:
(A) If you have mapping loads in one app and create another app to binary load the first one, you won't be able to access your mapping tables because mapping tables disappear at the end of the load process of the first app.

(B) If you are just trying to create QVD files from your mapping loads, you can create separated apps just for that. (we use to call those apps QVD Builders). Just load your mapping data - without the mapping prefix in your Load statement - and store the data as QVD.

After that, in your main app, just replace the old mapping data with the QVD file.

Read more at Data Voyagers - datavoyagers.net

View solution in original post

4 Replies
pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II

You need to be clearer.
Learning never stops.
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I think "preceding load" is the wrong term here.  What you are referring to is "automatic concatenation" which occurs when two tables have the same field names.  To disable automatic concatenation for a particular load, add the "Noconcatenate" prefix. 

Noconcatenate Load x,d,...

-Rob
http://masterssummit.com
http://qlikviewcookbook.com
http://www.easyqlik.com

marksouzacosta
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi Rich,

I'm not sure if I got you right but there we go:
(A) If you have mapping loads in one app and create another app to binary load the first one, you won't be able to access your mapping tables because mapping tables disappear at the end of the load process of the first app.

(B) If you are just trying to create QVD files from your mapping loads, you can create separated apps just for that. (we use to call those apps QVD Builders). Just load your mapping data - without the mapping prefix in your Load statement - and store the data as QVD.

After that, in your main app, just replace the old mapping data with the QVD file.

Read more at Data Voyagers - datavoyagers.net
richnorris
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Little late to thank you on this one, but it was absolutely to do with the fact that mapping loads only exist during the load.