jeremy_fourman
Creator
Creator

Display application permissions

All - Thanks in advance for any advice.

Server is running in NTFS Mode

11.2 SR2

Requirement:

- Need to display what applications AD Groups and AD Users have access to in a nice report.

The Idea:

Display this within System Monitor

Use Rob Wunderlichs AD Query Application Code and bring that into the Data Model.

Since QV assigns NTFS permissions during distribution I would like to pull the AD Groups/User-> Application assignments from there.

Be able to generate a nice Excel export from within QV.

The Problem:

System Monitor displays active users and session stats.

We need to display who can get to what, even if they never logged in.

Does anyone have an idea if what we wish to achieve is possible, or if this is being over thought and we are re-inventing the wheel?

Thanks in advance.

-Jeremy

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jeremy_fourman
Creator
Creator
Author

I think I have a workable solution:

I will read the QVPR to get the task information and pull in recipient information

I will link this into the information pulled back from Robs application so that when a User is selected we will get their associated documents and AD Group information.

Please feel free to poke holes or comment on this approach.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
jeremy_fourman
Creator
Creator
Author

I think I have a workable solution:

I will read the QVPR to get the task information and pull in recipient information

I will link this into the information pulled back from Robs application so that when a User is selected we will get their associated documents and AD Group information.

Please feel free to poke holes or comment on this approach.

Anonymous
Not applicable

We are looking for the same and I also thought about the QVPR task information to achieve this.

There seems no other way when using NTFS instead of DMS

Got a sample for this?