Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daniel_Moore
Former Employee
Former Employee

Display loaded file in a table

I wanted to show the contents of one of the files that I loaded, so the user can see the 'source' of data being loaded into QV relardlesss of the selection.

What is the quickest way to do this?

In the load script I read the file 2x - the second time I made a data island by aliasing every field. But when I tried to display the data in a straight table, nothing displayed. How do I show the data island?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Daniel_Moore
Former Employee
Former Employee
Author

DataNibbler - good idea to use a table box - but u missed the important part of my post - 'regardless of the selection' to do this a good trick is to make a data island. Without the data island the selection would impact what shows up in your tablebox. I've included a screenshot to show you what I mean. Thanks for your quick reply.

island.png

View solution in original post

2 Replies
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

The quickest way to do this - if you don't want the user to be able to interact in any way with this data, but only view it as a pure display - is probably a table box. When you use that, there's no need to load the data twice as the user will not make any selections on the tablebox and you can add fields (in charts) as many times as you want.

Best regards,

DataNibbler

Daniel_Moore
Former Employee
Former Employee
Author

DataNibbler - good idea to use a table box - but u missed the important part of my post - 'regardless of the selection' to do this a good trick is to make a data island. Without the data island the selection would impact what shows up in your tablebox. I've included a screenshot to show you what I mean. Thanks for your quick reply.

island.png