Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Displaying of Zero values

Hi Community,

I was asked to show zero values as null ( - ) . then i should write each expression as

if(sum(Amount)=0,null(),sum(Amount))

But the problem is i am having almost 15 expressions, so i guess it is not a good option. Is there a way to show zero as null?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Just had thought, you could use this for as an Integer Number Format to display zero as -

#,##0;-#,##0;-

Or this to display it as blank, the easily missed semi colon at the ended is needed

#,##0;-#,##0;

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Besides that showing 0 as null is misleading, I don't see problems with your approach.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

What I have done on occasion is use a Text Color expression on the expression itself to set the text color to the same color as the background so it becomes invisible when zero. :

if(sum(Amount)=0,White())

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Just had thought, you could use this for as an Integer Number Format to display zero as -

#,##0;-#,##0;-

Or this to display it as blank, the easily missed semi colon at the ended is needed

#,##0;-#,##0;

Not applicable
Author

As it is a detail report, there are so many Dollar amounts and most of the values are 0's. So to get the values be iconic they asked to suppress zero dollar amount($0.00).

Not applicable
Author

It's a good idea. Thank you...

Not applicable
Author

This can't be applied in my situation as i have summation of multiple age band values...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It does make sense, but you still can use a presentation which is not misleading.  I'd better go with the "color" suggestion from bill.markham‌ above with one minor difference - use light color for the zero-values, e.g.

if(sum(Amount)=0,rgb(200,200,200))

Not applicable
Author

Yes, I will use it. I will suggest this one too. Thank you for guiding me in right path..