Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nigel987
Creator II
Creator II

Disregarding date selection does not work

Hi there,

I have a date field called AdPublished, and two filters on the Jahr (=Year(AdPublished)) and Monat (=Month(AdPublished)).

I want to count all AdIDs of the user in the last 31 days (Anzahl Anzeigen 31 Tage) !, disregarding any data selection. For that I use the variable =$(eAnzahlAnzeigen31TageOhneZeitDimension) which is actually:

(Count({$<AdPublished={"=AdPublished>=Date(Today()-31)"},Jahr=,Monat=>}DISTINCT AdID))

My Problem:

When I make a selection in the field Jahr or Monat, the value changes and I do not understand why. Appreciate any help!

KR, Nigel

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
adamwilson
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

try:

Count({$<AdPublished={">=$(=Date(Today()-31))"},Jahr=,Monat=>}DISTINCT AdID)

selections on Jahr and Monat were still being applied to your set modifier "=AdPublished>=Date(Today()-31)"

View solution in original post

4 Replies
adamwilson
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

try:

Count({$<AdPublished={">=$(=Date(Today()-31))"},Jahr=,Monat=>}DISTINCT AdID)

selections on Jahr and Monat were still being applied to your set modifier "=AdPublished>=Date(Today()-31)"

nigel987
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thank you Adam! That's exactly what I was looking for.

nigel987
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi, one follow-up question: I have a text file where I define the variable and I load the text file during reload.

SET eAnzahlAnzeigen31TageOhneZeitDimension = (Count({$<AdPublished={">=$(=Date(Today()-31))"},Jahr=,Monat=>}DISTINCT AdID));

After reload the variable appears like this:

(Count({$<AdPublished={">="},Jahr=,Monat=>}DISTINCT AdID))

Do you know how I can overcome this?

adamwilson
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

This is because of the dollar expansion $() expanding in the script rather than keeping it in the variable.

I prefer to load variables from a spreadsheet with 2 columns Name and Expression eg

NameExpression
eAnzahlAnzeigen31TageOhneZeitDimensionCount({$<AdPublished={"=AdPublished>=Date(Today()-31)"},Jahr=,Monat=>}DISTINCT AdID)

and use the below script to load them in which overcomes the expanding of $() in the script:

Variables:

LOAD 

Name,

Expression

FROM

Variables.xlsx

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Sheet1);

For i = 0 to NoOfRows('Variables')-1

LET vVariableName = Peek('Name',i,'Variables');

LET $(vVariableName) = Peek('Expression',i,'Variables');      

NEXT

DROP Tables Variables;