Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Document CAL

Hi,

I allocated 16 document CALs  but i see only 12 document CALs assigned.

What does it mean?

Thanks a lot!

7 Replies
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Check how many of those 16 have Named CALs !

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Allocating Document CALs (i.e. putting them aside in a pool for a specific document) is not the same as assigning them. In contrast to Named CALs, Document CALs are first allocated (reserved for a specific document = pool), and only then will you assign them.

Does that explain your situation?

Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot Peter.

But I have another question. How can I assign document CALs to users?

Do They will automatically allocate when users log on?

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Indeed, you can choose to automatically assign Document CALs per Document by first allocating a pool of CALs and then enabling the option "Allow dynamic CAL assignment" in QMC. As long as there are free CALs available from the pool, every visitor to this document in the AccessPoint will get a CAL.

Note that there is no mechanism in QMC to release unused CALs back to the pool. This is a licensing restriction as well.

Peter

Not applicable
Author

Is There a way to know when somebody assigns a license to user? For example a date?

Thanks

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Yes, go to documents tab --> user document --> Select your application--> Go to Document Cal tab

In the section assigned users you will see the list of users to whoom a cal is allocated.

Note: the time you see there will be UTC time. add +- hours depending on your timezone to get exact time.

Hope it helps

Regards

ASHFAQ

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If on the other hand you want to find out on what date a CAL was first assigned to a specific user, AFAIK there is no easy way to obtain that informaiton in the QMC.

However you can find something like that in the Events log of the QlikView Server. See How to get the date on which a document CAL/user was assigned to a document

Best,

Peter