cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zagzebski
Creator
Creator

Document Cals - allocation issue

We only have one file in which all users use. Over time we have moved different users to development files. I am trying to change the number of "Number of Cals allocated this document" to the full allotment of 85 but I keep getting the message "Too many document cals allocated". Why can't I allocated the other 5??

Summary

Document CALs available on server: 85

Document CALs not allocated on server: 0

Document CALs allocated to this document: 80

Document CALs embedded in document: 0

Document CALs assigned to users: 38

Thanks,

Zag

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You have either:

• assigned the other 5 Doc CALs to another document, or
  • lost the remaining 5 by deleting a document without first deallocating any Doc CALs

Check for other Doc CAL assignments. If you cannot find any, use a lost-CAL-discovery-tool like the Qlikview Server CAL Manager to recover the missing CALs.

BTW in QMC, deleted documents with Doc CALs (or tasks) still attached will appear as all-capitals ghost documents. Do you see any of them in the User Documents tree?

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You have either:

• assigned the other 5 Doc CALs to another document, or
  • lost the remaining 5 by deleting a document without first deallocating any Doc CALs

Check for other Doc CAL assignments. If you cannot find any, use a lost-CAL-discovery-tool like the Qlikview Server CAL Manager to recover the missing CALs.

BTW in QMC, deleted documents with Doc CALs (or tasks) still attached will appear as all-capitals ghost documents. Do you see any of them in the User Documents tree?

zagzebski
Creator
Creator
Author

Perfect thanks!  I had deleted documents with users assinged.