Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jordanc
Contributor II
Contributor II

Document Chaining in Qlikview

Hi there,

I have two apps (App #1 and App #2) that have only minor differences and I am trying to create buttons that will take you from App #1 to App #2, but remain in the same sheet with the same selections.  So what I mean by that is, if I am in the sheet with Sheet ID SH01 in App #1, I want to create a button that will open App #2 and it will open the same sheet, with Sheet ID SH01.  Or, if I am in the sheet with Sheet ID SH02 in App #2, I want to create another button that will open App #2 to the sheet with Sheet ID SH02.

To add to the complexity, when you open these apps the default is to open to a specific homepage so I want these buttons to somehow overwrite this functionality when clicked, but if opened standalone, they will still open to the defaulted homepage.

For added information, I can open the file in a URL in Internet Explorer, however, it will NOT open as an http:// URL.  Instead, it will open as a qvd://.  (I add this information because I have seen countless solutions which say "simply add &sheet=SH02" for example, and this does not seem to work with qvd:// URLs)

I have been working on this for quite some time, so I would really appreciate any help you can offer.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

It appears you are using the Internet Explorer Plugin client, and if that is the case, the Open QlikView Document Action is not supported, here is the Help link for you:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/November2018/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/Button2.htm

You will need to scroll down to the Open QlikView Document section for details.  Things will work as you expect if you use the Ajax client, and as far as I am aware, there is no plan to have the Plugin Client be able to do this given that client will no longer exist when Microsoft ends support for ActiveX/Internet Explorer 11. 

Hopefully this helps explain things a bit better and provides the answer for which you have been looking to confirm.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

It appears you are using the Internet Explorer Plugin client, and if that is the case, the Open QlikView Document Action is not supported, here is the Help link for you:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/November2018/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/Button2.htm

You will need to scroll down to the Open QlikView Document section for details.  Things will work as you expect if you use the Ajax client, and as far as I am aware, there is no plan to have the Plugin Client be able to do this given that client will no longer exist when Microsoft ends support for ActiveX/Internet Explorer 11. 

Hopefully this helps explain things a bit better and provides the answer for which you have been looking to confirm.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.