Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dolphin
Partner - Contributor III

Document Chaining - transfer only alternate state

Hey all,

I am currently trying to do some document chaining where I want to transfer all possible values of a dimension.
The challenge is the limited length of URLs. I can't put all the values in the URL so i have to put in some higher granularity dimensions that are describing the original value.
Of course there is some discrepancy in the result because there are some additional values that i don't want.

I tried using "Open QlikView Document" as an action but when transferring the state all selections get transferred. I only want to transfer this one list of possible dimension values. I tried using alternate states but these seem to not effect the action. Is this right?

Do you have any ideas how to transfer a long list of specific values?

Many thanks

2 Replies
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Only thing of which I can think would be if you could do a Document Bookmark and use the bookmark to set things in the new app, I think you can use that, but I am not positive to be honest.  Only option of which I can think that might work for you.  You might be able to do it with a Server Bookmark too, but you would have to be sure it is shared out, and I am not sure if the user would have to go grab it yet too or not.  Sorry I do not have anything better for you.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
Dolphin
Author

Thank you for your reply.

For now I will keep my solution that is selecting other dimension attributes, resulting in a higher granularity.

The Problem I had with bookmarks is that they select every state (at least when using 'Open QlikView Document'). So some things get transferred that shouldn't. Maybe I will try out a pure bookmark later, but it is not that urgent to me anymore.

Thanks and regards,
Johannes