cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
swati_rastogi27
Creator
Creator

Document Level User Authorization in QEMC

Is there a way to retrieve user wise document authorization list, is it stored in some file?

We need to do COB testing and it is a pain to manually add user one by one to the document level authorization list

Labels (1)
3 Replies
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

You want to check out the QMS APIs for this, here is the link, it is for November 2018 release, you may need to change the version if you are not on the latest one:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview-developer/November2018/APIs/QMS+API/html/7b30b3a1-77da-4bbe-bdc...

Hopefully this gets you on the right track, but the other thing you can do if you have QlikView Server set to DMS Authorization mode, is you should be able to do is in the Manage Users area, there should be an area tagged as "Manual Input of User Names" where you can copy paste in your list there, so if you have them in a text file etc., you can just copy/paste.

One other thing I wanted to note here though, you mention QEMC, we have not used that term since version 9 I believe when we merged everything into a single QMC in version 10 and later releases, and if you are still on that old of a release, you will be quite limited in what you can do.

Hopefully this helps.

Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
swati_rastogi27
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks, we are using QlikView version 11.2 SR11 . Did not find anything as such in the Users tab under the User Management space
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Sorry, should have included a screenshot to be more clear, see attachment, hopefully things will make more sense with that.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.