Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Document bookmark

I am facing an issue with one of the book marks i have created in the document.

Document works well with the bookmarks as long as the data is available in the source files.

step 1: I am trying to create a bookmark anticipating one of the scenarios which is not yet in data but can be in data in future.( selection orderstatus<>x)

step2: so while creating bookmark i am just mocking the data in the source file and creating the bookmark.(selection orderstatus<>x)

step3: But soon after i remove the mock up data and reload the document with original data. Bookmark which has been created in step 2 is not displaying all selections. ( selection of orderstatus<>x)

Bookmark

Transtype: New

Filestatus: Green

Orderstatus <> x

Is there a way to have those selections which are added to bookmarks stay even without supporting data in the sourcefile when data is loaded ?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

As far as I know that's not possible. Data values that do not exist cannot be selected. Since there won't be a selection state that includes the non-existent value there can't be a bookmark for that selection state. Perhaps you can add a dummy record with an orderstatus 'x' in such a way that the dummy record doesn't mess up existing calculations.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Gysbert_Wassenaar

As far as I know that's not possible. Data values that do not exist cannot be selected. Since there won't be a selection state that includes the non-existent value there can't be a bookmark for that selection state. Perhaps you can add a dummy record with an orderstatus 'x' in such a way that the dummy record doesn't mess up existing calculations.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand