Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
antoinelaviron
Partner - Contributor III

Document chaining - Different folders

Hi Qlik community,

I need to use document chaining for one of my project.

I have a master application published on the Acces Point, in the mounted folder Published. This folder is browsable, so the application is visible from the access point.

I have 10 reduced applications, published on the access point, in the mounted folder Reduced. This folder is not browsable so the applications are not visible from the acces point but can be accessed with the right url.

The goal is to access the reduced applications via the master application with document chaining (i.e. Action Open Qlikview document).

But I am not able to access the reduced applications from the master application in this configuration.

When I try to open the reduced application, Qlikview tries to open the document using the following url, which does not work:

Qlikvieweserver/QvAJAXZfc/opendoc.htm?document=Published\Reduced\Application_01.qvw&host=QVS%40Qlikviewserver

I need something like this:

Qlikvieweserver/QvAJAXZfc/opendoc.htm?document=Reduced\Application_01.qvw&host=QVS%40Qlikviewserver

I can achieve document chaining

• if all the applications are in the same folder, using the string Application_01.qvw in the action,
  • if the master application is published in the root folder of the access point and if I use the string Reduced\Application_01.qvw in the action

I tried to add ..\  into the parameter string but it did'nt worked.

Any idea ?

Thanks

Antoine

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
antoinelaviron
Author

Ok I found a solution.

I have to put the full path C:\xxx\xxx\Reduced\Application_01.qvw into the action and it works.

I also noticed that using variables to build this path is not performant and cause me some troubles.

So it is not optmimal but it does the job.

Antoine

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Not applicable

Hi Antoine

Can't you use a variable top open doc ?

Chris

antoinelaviron
Author

Hi Chris,

What do you mean by "variable top open doc"?

Best regards,

Antoine

antoinelaviron
Author

Ok I found a solution.

I have to put the full path C:\xxx\xxx\Reduced\Application_01.qvw into the action and it works.

I also noticed that using variables to build this path is not performant and cause me some troubles.

So it is not optmimal but it does the job.

Antoine