Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Document refresh in QVS failing with no reason

Hi,

I have a document which accesses salesforce.com.  I have QVS v10 SR2 installed on 64bit windows.  I also have the QV Desktop client installed.  If I open my document in the desktop client, i can refresh the data and everything functions ok.  However as soon as i try and refresh this through QVS it fails.  The only error message i get is as follows:

The Source Document was NOT reloaded successfully.  DocumentPath=SalesForce.qvw.
Reload  failed.
Reload failed. Distribution skipped.
The task "Salesforce.qvw" failed. ErrorCount=3

I have enabled high level of logging on my QVS server but looking in the folder the log files dont offer me anything to work on.  I suspect that the DLL I am using to connect to SalesForce is not found, but i need to confirm this.  Can anybody help me find where a more detailed error may be hiding?

Many thanks,

Dom

5 Replies
erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

You get more details from the log file of the application.

To enable it, go to document properties - > General tab -> check 'Generate log file'

When you reload (or the server does) it will generate a file with the same name of you application (and the extension .log). 

When you mentioned that you used QV Desktop, is it installed on the server machine? is it 64-bit as well?

If it's not the same machine you could have a problem with DLL or drivers as you suspected.

You may have a problem with the 64 or 32 bit drivers. Is the user running the server service the same you used for manual reload? It could be a user rights problem

Hope it helps,

Erich Shiino

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Many thanks for your reply.

I have confirmed that my QV document has the logging enabled, however i cannot find a file with a .log extension which may help.  Do you know where such files are placed on the file system?

And yes, I have installed QV desktop on the same server, 64 bit version, should be the same?  I am hopeful of finding a more detailed error message to enable me to track down this issue.  I am convinced that the server cannot find my DLL but at this stage need to find out for sure.

Many thanks again,

Dom

erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

The log file goes to the same folder as the .qvw.

So if you QVW is at C:\QVW\Test.qvw, you log file will be C:\QVW\Test.log

Sometimes, Windows will recognize this as a text file (which is ok) and will change the icon to a text file icon and hide the extension.

Regards,

Erich

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thanks, I actually found the file, strangely i needed to reboot the machine for these files to start appearing, but now they are!

My theory was correct, I now see the following entry in the log file:

9/5/2011 11:03:10 AM:       Error: Invalid custom connector SalesForceDLL.dll

So now my question is, where shoudl this file go?  For the desktop client i have it working by placing the DLL file in the program files\Qlikview folder, but it would appear that the service cannot find this file.  Do you know where the file would need to be for the service to find and use it?

I hope you can help, many thanks again!

Dom

EDIT: I am using Windows web server (IIS) and not using Qlik View's own web server...

sarahallen1
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,

I know this is probably far too late, but I just had the same problem and have worked out the solution!

My original file SalesForceDLL.dll was saved in C:/Program Files on the server machine for the QVW.  I think this may have been a legacy file from a previous installation of QVW (I am now running v10 SR4).  I moved the file to here: C:\Program Files\QlikView\Distribution Service and it worked fine. 

I worked out where to move it to by looking in the log from the QVW file - it said "Error: Invalid custom connector SalesForceDLL.dll" like you had, and then it said something like "used file C:\Program Files\QlikView\Distribution Service\qvconnect64.exe".  So I figured it was trying to look for files in that folder.

Worked fine for me, hope it does for you too!

Sarah