Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Doubt about personal edition?

Anyone knowns whats restrictions about to share .qvw files between personal edition and licensed?

I always hear about we can´t share files, but we try and qvw from a version licensed opened and worked at personal edition...

I appreciate any information!!!

tks a lot!!!

3 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Érico,

Personal Edition generates a hash using information from your computer so you cannot share you application to another Personal Edition license. (Actually you can up to 4 times before the document is completely unaccessable, a dialog when opening a licensed application in a Personal Edition shows up displaying this warning).

Any licensed QlikView Desktop will be able to open your PE application, although once opened in a licensed Desktop, you won't be able to open in again in your Personal Edition.

Regards.

Not applicable
Author

Miguel Tks Abount your explanation.....

....but for me is a litle bit stranger.....because i open the file many times......

tks again!!!!

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Érico,

Is there any chance that you are working on a leasing server environment so, although temporally, you actually have a license? Anyway, I'd recommend you to backup your documents, otherwise you might be unable to recover them.

Regards.