Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NavinReddy
Creator II
Creator II

Doubt in Incremental load vs Publisher

Hi All,

I know about incremental load this will gives updates records from data source,

i have small doubt when publisher trigger the application we will get updates records (i not sure about this i have doubt),

Then what is the use of publisher with out publisher can we get updated records

Please some one help me

Thanks In Advance

Niranjan

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Niru,

Publisher is generally use for the pdf creation and mailing purposes of application. By using of incremental load we can get the updated records.

NavinReddy
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Dhiraj,

Thanks for your reply ,

give idea where can i create pdf report

Best Regards,

Niranjan

Luis_Cortizo
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hello,

Different concepts in the question:

- Publisher (QlikView Distirbution Service) is a service and its purpose is to reload, (optionally reduce) and distribute QlikView documents. Basically it just executes the script on your QlikView document and distribute it to differente places (the server, by mail, PDF reports, etc).

- The incremental reload technique is something that you need to implement on the QlikView script. At its core, what you do is extract only new information of the database (there are a number of ways of deciding which are the new records) and combine that extraction with information stored in QVD files. There is a lot of information out there about how to implement incremental reloads on a QlikView file

http://www.quickintelligence.co.uk/qlikview-incremental-load/

Incremental reload | QlikView Help, Tips & Hints

Three Types of Qlikview Incremental Loads | resultdata

Or you can even use Rob Wunderlich's components for that:

Qlikview Notes: Incremental Load using Qlikview Components

So, incremental reloads are implemented on a QlikView application that is run (executed) by the reload engine (Publisher) in the same way as if there was no incremental reload on it

Hope it helps.

Best regards.

Luis_Cortizo
Former Employee
Former Employee

To distribute PDF reports your Publisher license need to include the PDF Distributor (it may include it or not).

On the distribution tab of the task, there is a distribution option to send PDF reports by mail.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Niru,

Actually for the pdf creation  we require the publisher setup and this time we have not the publisher so sorry for that.

NavinReddy
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Luis Cortizo,

Thank you so much for your help full information

Best Regards,

Niranjan