cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Drill-down anomaly with the first field

Hi guys,

I'm experiencing a strange anomaly with drilling down in a group - I can't see the field with one element, it is skipped in the listbox showing the drill-down group.

Assume a hierarchy table of people.

NameParent
name surname 1
name surname 2name surname 1
name surname 3name surname 1
name surname 4name surname 2

etc.

When loaded into the system, Qlikview will create a number of fields named Name1,Name2... The resulting picture might look like this:

error loading image

Here you see a number of generated fields resulting after Hierarchy load and HiearchyBelongsTo load statements.

I've created a drill-down group (the rightmost listbox) where I added all the newly created fields Advisor Name1 - Advisor Name 5.

The Path listbox displays the hierarchical representation of the data. Now, as you can notice there is just one root node - LR.

The anomaly is that I can never drill up to this root node. The group elements start from the field Advisor Name 2 always ignoring Advisor Name 1 field. Only if I add another element to the same level as "LR" QLikview displays the Advisor Name 1.

The only way to make visible LR in the drill down listbox is to selecting it directly in the Path listbox.

Any time that I select a value from any field other than Path the drill down listbox shows the next level down (so, when I select a value from Advisor name 2 field the drill down listbox displays Advisor name 3 and so on).

My question is: how can I make normally appear Advisor Name 1 field in the drill down listbox? I wanted to enable the user to make the drill down starting from the highest level node.

Thanks.

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi

You might want to try removing the hierarchy stuff from the load script and just do a standard load of dimensions against facts, then create a drill down group using those dimensions.

I'm really only guessing here, but the reason I say this is that I use drill down quite well and I have never used any hierarchy loads, and my first level of drill down is always only one value.

Just a thought......

jonnyb
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hi,

I have the same problem, did you find a solution?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Well, I've reposted the question once again.

Here:

http://community.qlik.com/forums/p/25935/99302.aspx#99302

Hopefully, there are any explanations. I have not solved that yet.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Have NOT solved that yet!!!