Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wnorwood
Contributor III
Contributor III

Drop Down Box Allowing Only One Selection

Hello,

I have a list box with 24 months listed.  A selection must be made and only one month can be selected at one time.  I found the "Always One Selected Value" option in the properties.  But, is there a way to present the list box as a drop-down box?  I thought about using a multi-box but I don't see an option to limit to only one selected value. 

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
malhaar
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Multi-box does allow you to specify selection of a single value. Create a multi-box, select a value. Then go to Multi-box properties, presentation tab, select this field from the list of fields in the multi-box, and you will see the 'Always One Selected Value' and 'Override Locked Field' on the right-hand side.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
CELAMBARASAN
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi,

Create a multi box and create a trigger for on select of the field and use the select in field action.

Enter the same field name but with search string as =minString(FieldName)

Celambarasan

swuehl
MVP
MVP

You can use the multibox, then create an additional list box for the field, select one value and the option 'Always one Selected Value', and then hide the list box (e.g. layout tab, conditional 0).

Hope this helps,

Stefan

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

There´s a workaround for your situation.

Include a ListBox and mark "Always One Selected Value", you can hide it (show condition into Layout tab)

Then add a MultiBox with the same field and 'voilá' you have a dropdown

malhaar
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Multi-box does allow you to specify selection of a single value. Create a multi-box, select a value. Then go to Multi-box properties, presentation tab, select this field from the list of fields in the multi-box, and you will see the 'Always One Selected Value' and 'Override Locked Field' on the right-hand side.

wnorwood
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks to all the great responses.  Hari's is the simplest solution for my need.  I did not see the option before because I the Field was not selected under the Presentation tab.  Thanks again!