Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Dropdown in Input box.

Hi All,

I have attached a test dropdown file in which I have used tree two input boxes.

First input  box containts two inputs where as second input box contain thrid input.

Third input is a combination of input 1 and input2. In the first input I have selected following comparison signs ">;>=;<;<=;=;<>" which of course appears in the dropdown, and all signs are selected and show the value except "=" sign.

Any one have any idea why "=" sign in the dropdown is not working properly.

Thanks in advacne.

Thanks,

TA

4 Replies
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

The equals sign, unfortunately, means something very specific in a variable, which is "please evaluate whatever comes after the equals sign and return it".  There's nothing after the equals sign, so it returns null.  You could use ='=', and it works, but of course it looks hideous in the drop down list.  There's probably a simple solution, but I'm just not thinking of it. 

Well, you could probably use a field instead of a variable.  Set it to one and only one value selected, and set your third variable to =$(=MyField)&Input2.  I think.  Of course if you're making a field, you'd probably make Input2 be a field as well.

Not applicable
Author

Can you plesae update attached file with creating new fields?

I will highly appreciate your help.

Thanks,

TA

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

See attached.  One thing that may not be obvious is checking "Always One Selected Value" on the Presentation tab for both new fields.  Also, you can only select that if you've already selected exactly one value for each.

Edit: Also, note that where possible, it's better to post an example using an inline load than an Excel file.  We don't have your Excel file, which makes it more difficult for us to add things to your example to either test that they work or to show you how they work.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you very much John for your support. My boss is back from vaction and he is happy "=" sign.

So I am good for now. Thanks once again

TA