Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Dropdown select sort by state.

Hi,

I have several Table Box and Straight Table charts where I have enabled Dropdown Select on the presentation tab.

However the sort options on the fields does not include a sort by state option on the Table Box and Straight Table.

This means that when the user selects the dropdown arrow they get a full list of all the values in that field with the currently possible values (The White ones) scattered amongst the rather long list of values.

Does anyone know how to get the dropdown list to sort so that the possible white values are at the top of the list like it can on a multibox drop down list?

Thanks Dave

7 Replies
pmccaffrey
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

We are experiencing the same issue as well. Have noticed it scattered throughout 11.2 SR2, SR5 and SR7.

Have attempted to make sure the Sort Indicator and Selection Indicator under presentation are selected. Also have set the Document Properties sort to have State selected, and still receiving the same issue.

Any other ideas?

Not applicable
Author

This is an interesting case. Don't wanna speak too early, but I think this feature might be missing. Maybe you can put it in the ideas section, so that it might get added in the future releases.

pmccaffrey
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

I have only experienced this issue, though, in Ajax. When opening the document in Desktop or IE plugin, the available selections always filter to the top.

When opening through Ajax, they filter to the top the first time, but when I click off, and then re click the dropdown select, they sort alphabetically, or numerically and the available selections are scattered throughout.

Not applicable
Author

I placed a support ticket hoping that there would be a solution but Qlik say this is expected behavior.  I too thought this was only a problem with AJAX but Qlik seem to think it is expected to work like this throughout.

I've posted something in ideas,  lets see what happens.

http://community.qlik.com/ideas/3526

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

This is a strange one. I've never seen this problem. I just tested against SR9 desktop and SR5 Server and can't recreate the problem. All white sorts to top for me in both straight tables and table boxes. Can you post a qvw that exhibits the problem?

-Rob

vinafidalgo
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

I'm with Rob, I've never seen a problem like this and wasn't able to recreate the problem.

If possible, please upload the QVW.

Not applicable
Author

Hi!

Is there any solution found to this problem? I have the same one. In one straight table one column sorts correctly with available field values on top (Country) but another field in the same table shows available values scattered (Area). I've tried to search for deviations in the settings but so far haven't been able to find one.

Countries.PNGArea.PNG

Reg,

Heidi