Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Judicael
Partner - Contributor III

Duplicate Document with Reload Task

Hello,

I have a csv file admin security (ACCESS, NTNAME) and a section access script in qwv.

When I reload the application and Iam loggin with custom user created in qmc only not in local machine 

I see 2 documents. The first application with 2 NTNAME (NT_AUTHORITY\system account on the server) and the second application with one NTNAME (service account qlikview).

I find 2 applications in differents folders ==> Test Folder and Dashboard CLIENT folder.

How can I fix that with one application with logging who connect to the document application ?

Thanks for your help.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

This is the supported and recommended approach.

If the QMC is set to show only user folders (as it should be) you will now only see one instance of every application, unless you are performing a loop and reduce or a manually modified distribution. 

This is easier to do if you have QlikView Publisher.

Additionally, you eliminate the risk of overwriting applications, and potentially, making the environment more flexible as some users could access one folder but not the other (think of developers allowed to work with test data but not with production data).

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

How does the section access script look like and how many tasks you have defined in the QMC?

Note that if you are using Publisher you will always have 2 QVWs with the same name, one in the Source folder and one in the User folder. The Source folder should never be mounted as a User folder.

Os is that those 2 files are in the same folder in the filesystem?

As a side note, I would not recommend using any system account to run the QlikView services, rather, a domain account with local Administrator membership.

Judicael
Author

SECTION ACCESS;

SECTION_ACCESS_USERS_ADMIN:
LOAD
ACCESS,
// USERS_ID,
NTNAME,
DPO_PROCESS_REDUCTION,
LINK_USERS
FROM $(vFolderQvd)CONDITIONAL_PROFILES_USERS_ADMIN.qvd(qvd);

SECTION APPLICATION;

APPLICATION_PROFILES_USERS:
LOAD
LINK_USERS,
// SERS_ID,
PROFILES,
VALIDATOR,
QUALIFICATOR,
GESTIONNARY
FROM $(vFolderQvd)CONDITIONAL_PROFILES_USERS_ADMIN.qvd(qvd);

Theses 3 fields {VALIDATOR, QUALIFICATOR,GESTIONNARY} are used for conditional showing depend  loggin connection user.

QVS >> USERDOCUMENTS >> C:\QLIKVIEW\TEST

QDS >> SOURCEDOCUMENTS >> C:\QlikView\Test

I use a local account on the server qservice (not into the domain) to start all  the services QV.

Judicael
Author

I changed folder : USERDOCS ==> C:\QlikView\UserDocument\Test

and SOURCEDOCS ==> C:\QlikView\SourceDocument\Oryga

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

The "conditional showing" fields here are irrelevant. Simplifying, the document will appear on the AccessPoint if either

1. There is no section access
  2. User account is contained in section access
  3. Filesystem permissions and properties in QlikView document are set to allow the user access

Even if the document appear because of #3 above, if the user does not have the corresponding value in the reduction field in the data model table, the user will be denied access.

According to this post, both user and source folders are the same, which means the application is overwritten (unless distributed with a different name) or you are not using QlikView Publisher.

So you are effectively creating a new app every time you reload in a different folder, and that's why you see two applications in the AccessPoint.

If you are using QlikView Publisher, one risk of making the source and user document the same is that, when a file is distributed it's stripped from the script. You could set it up to eventually delete the script and therefore being unable to reload the next time, or having to restore from a backup.

If all services are installed in the same computer or you are using certificates instead of group membership, running under a local administrator account will work and is supported.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

This is the supported and recommended approach.

If the QMC is set to show only user folders (as it should be) you will now only see one instance of every application, unless you are performing a loop and reduce or a manually modified distribution. 

This is easier to do if you have QlikView Publisher.

Additionally, you eliminate the risk of overwriting applications, and potentially, making the environment more flexible as some users could access one folder but not the other (think of developers allowed to work with test data but not with production data).