cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Dynamic Excel Selection

Hi All

I have seven diffrent Excel files as datasource

all the seven excel files from different folders and the table structure is same.

i have values for

Round 1, round2 etc till round 7

My requirement is to add a dropdown button in each tab it should show the values based on selected round without reload

Please help me

8 Replies
alexandros17
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

When you load the excel add a field in each file to identify the excel file n.

Load

field1,

fieldn,

'1' as XLSNum

from .....

then in your tabs the selector will filter XLSNum, 1 will show only rows from first file ...

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Alessandro

I have tried this but when i select any list box item,the dropdown selection disappears and it starts showing values based on all rounds

alexandros17
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

send me your document....

Not applicable
Author

PFA

i need a dropdown on everu tab to show the values based on the round selection by users

Not applicable
Author

any sollution pls?

alexandros17
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You had nearly done it, I've added on each sheet a dropdown with fileflag, select it and look at the results

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Alessandro,

its working fine but only till am selecting some list box item.

for eg : Round1 has data only for zone : APAC and country: CHINA if I select round 1 and zone: MEX on list box its starting to show values for other rounds as well.

the requirement is like all the objects and listbox data everything based on the selected round on dropdown and it should not show other round values unless untill user select any other round on dropdown.

Thanks Again

alexandros17
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

But probably the behaviour is correct because of the alternate state set in some objects