Qlik Community

QlikView App Development

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
Coming your way, the Qlik Data Revolution Virtual Summit. October 27-29. REGISTER
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Creator
Creator

Dynamic set analysis dimension

i have 3 Fiscal year flag fields in my dataset, for 1 Amount Field. 'FiscalYear1Amount', 'FiscalYear2Amount' and 'FiscalYear3Amount' respectively. when 'FiscalYear1Amount'=1, it filters the 'Amount' field to only the amount for fiscal year 1. and so forth.

My current sum of Amount for the current fiscal year is: sum({<FiscalYear1Amount={'1'}>} amount).

i want to be able to change the dimension dynamically, to maybe FiscalYear2Amount or FiscalYear3Amount, using a variable $(v_FiscalYear), which should pass the field for the selected fiscal year.. 

sum({<$(v_FiscalYear)={'1'}>} amount)

but my syntax seems off. please guide.thanks!

(SN: All the fiscal year flag fields have values of either 1 or 0)

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Try one of these

Sum({<$(='[' & $(v_FiscalYear) & ']') = {'1'}>} amount)

or

Sum({<$(='[' & v_FiscalYear & ']') = {'1'}>} amount)

Ignore the fact that syntax editor doesn't like the expression... just click okay to see if you get the correct result or not

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted

Try one of these

Sum({<$(='[' & $(v_FiscalYear) & ']') = {'1'}>} amount)

or

Sum({<$(='[' & v_FiscalYear & ']') = {'1'}>} amount)

Ignore the fact that syntax editor doesn't like the expression... just click okay to see if you get the correct result or not

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Creator
Creator

thanks @sunny_talwar ! big help

Quick note to anyone else, when passing the variable, make sure the field name is in single quotes. ''

for example: when i pass FiscalYear1Amount, i make sure i include it as 'FiscalYear1Amount'