Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Dynamic tables - expressions references

Expression calculated from others rows and columns of a dynamic table.
                                                                                                                                      a
I need to calculate  an expression that is a formula from 2 others cells from a dynamic table .
How refers to the bases cells in the new expression definition?

Thanks.

4 Replies
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

If I understand your question correctly, you have a Straight Table chart with some complex calculations, and you need to reference the existing expressions in other calculations.

You can do it in two ways - referencing the expressions by name (label) - for example [Gross Sales], or using the column number, for example column(1).

If you use column numbers, remember to disable "Drag and Drop", because it might break your logic if the column is being moved by dragging and dropping.

cheers,

Oleg Troyansky

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Ok, but the column I need in the other calculations are'nt in the same row of the table.

Example :

Expression (column5)  = Value1 column(1) from a different row wich a will calculate the new expression -

Value 2 column(2) from other row , not the same row used for Value 1.

Thanks again.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

In addition you can use functions like above(), below(), before(), after(), top() and bottom() to reference values in other rows. What you can not do is simply reference individual cells like you can in Excel. You should also realize that in Qlikview one column can have only one expression for all the rows. In Excel every cell can have its own formula. Qlikview is not a spreadsheet. Trying to use it as one will be a frustrating experience.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Thank you!

That`s it I need .