Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gorotman
Creator II
Creator II

Dynamic update on inputfield is possible?

Hi all,

is insert operation (using ActiveDocument.DynamicUpdateCommand) possbile on a filed declared as inputfield?

After same of problem I verified that if I omit the INPUTFIELD, my code runs correclty.

If I declare the INPUTFIELD, the execution of the macro runs correclty (DynamicUpdateCommand returns true and code ends without errors), but the document get some problem (chart are unabled, same function does not respond,...), until I reload data, row added is lost and all runs.

Any idea? I didn't find infos searching on community.

Attached an example of chart after macro execution.

Thanks in advance.

8 Replies
ecolomer
Master II
Master II

Can you send me the QV file?

gorotman
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Enrique,

this is the qvw example. After the insert you could get my error.

If you remove the inputfield definition and reload script, insert will run ok!

Thanks in advance.

ecolomer
Master II
Master II

I change the order

Budget_state:

LOAD * INLINE [

bdg_state_code,bdg_state_desc

1,Draft

2,Open

3,Approved

];

Budget:

load * INLINE [

bdg_code, bdg_desc,bdg_year, bdg_state_code

0,prova 2012,2012,1

1,prova 2013,2013,1

2,prova 2014,2014,1

];

INPUTFIELD bdg_desc;

and it run ??

Insert.png

gorotman
Creator II
Creator II
Author

If you move the inputfield after loading, dynamic update runs but inputfield is ignored thus i can't use table to change values.

Documentation says that inputfield must be declared before loading those fields (correct? ).

ecolomer
Master II
Master II

Indeed, it is,

However, as I see you run a macro, why InputField want to use if you can resolve it using variables?

gorotman
Creator II
Creator II
Author

You are right, I'm working on it.

But using variables I have to manage them with macros (setting, enabling/disabling on selection and many).

InputField simplfy this managing, so I'm wondering if there is a limitation using both on same field.

This case is simple, I need to manage few field, therefore probably I'll use variables.

But in next steps of my application I'll use much more fields and more complicated logics.

ecolomer
Master II
Master II

I'm also just working on a project where I have to ask the user to enter some data and they generate records or data groupings.

If you need something more, we are in contact.

gorotman
Creator II
Creator II
Author

ok, many thanks .