Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Dynamically create buttons to website address

Hey Community,

So pretty much like the title says, I have a straight table where the data is a web address with some metrics about it. I thought it would be a really, really cool feature, that if next to each web address there was a button that could be pressed so the user could go out and see what page the web address is referencing.  Is there script to dynamically create such buttons based on what data is in the page path?  Ideally, it would be part of the table.  Any thoughts? Let me know if you need more information!

Thank You!

5 Replies
marcus_sommer

You need only turn the expression-interpretation from text to link and you could call these websites.

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Well the thing is that the web adderss in the straight table shows only the page path, not the hostname (should have mentioned that above, my apologies). To conserve space, if you have www.hostname.com/pagepath. It only shows the pagepath.  So the buttons would need to concatenate the hostname at the beginning.

marcus_sommer

You could use: = 'ShortLink<url>' & field/expression with full-linkpath

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

The pagepath is a dimension though....

Am I missing something? I think you can only interrupt the expression as a link.

marcus_sommer

If pagepath a valid link in a field you could use:

'ShortLink<url>' & only(pagepath)

- Marcus