Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
antonaks
Creator II
Creator II

EDX trigger (how to set variable to the document)

Hello everybody!

I need put variable to qvw document, which I reload with EDX command from cmd file.

Do we have any solutions about send variable from EDX trigger?

Anton.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

There might be several versions of the command line application around, have you tried looking into the available command line options? (e.g. using only -help option?)

The command line executable is most likely also supporting passing the variable, have a look at

EDX Call with Variables

View solution in original post

4 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Isn't that part of the API?

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/November2017/Subsystems/Server/Content/QlikView-Server/QVSRM_Pu...

Are you using a certain tool or calling the API from your own written software?

antonaks
Creator II
Creator II
Author

No, I'm using cmd file with next text:

D:\.....\QMSEDX.exe -task="[UAT ANALYZER] COMPARE APP/Client 1.qvw" -password="client1"

swuehl
MVP
MVP

There might be several versions of the command line application around, have you tried looking into the available command line options? (e.g. using only -help option?)

The command line executable is most likely also supporting passing the variable, have a look at

EDX Call with Variables

antonaks
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thank you very much!

"D:\.....\QMSEDX.exe" -task="[UAT ANALYZER] COMPARE APP/Client 1.qvw" -password="client1" -variablename="vVarFromEDX" -variablevalues="2345"

It works.