Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

EXPERT ADVICE: Refresh Rate - Input boxes

Hi All,

I posed this a while ago back in 2012 regarding a behaviour with input boxes that is counter productive to the 'click and discovery' premise that QlikView is built on.

My observation and problem is the following. If I have an input box that is not reliant on the value of another input box (variable), then it behaves as it should i.e. Concat(DISTINCT Field1,',') or writing something like this ','&'No' works great.

However if I enter the following if('$(vVar1)'='No',',',Concat(DISTINCT Field1,',')) then I have to do a few actions to get the input variable to update. For instance change another variable's value or click a few times on a blank space within my sheet to trigger the input box variable to update.

Why is this happening and is there anyway around this? I have tried many iterations of if statements or pick(match()) and nested concats. None improve the refresh rate at which the variable correctly displays the choices based on a previous variables value.

I really would like someone to explain to me what is going on with this behaviour.

Your assistance and expertise is greatly appreciated

Cheers,

Byron

1 Reply
Not applicable
Author

To all that have bookmarked this or are following,

Please refer to the following thread refresh rate input boxes

I have finally got some activity on that one

I will mark whichever thread gets a proper explanation. I really am hoping that the community challenges themselves to understand and explain to the rest of us why this is happening. The shortest possible route is always the best, and the reply Erica Whalley provided does the trick but does require more variables to be created, which is not optimal for me at this stage.

EDIT: I've tagged a few noteworthy contributors in an effort that their expertise can shed more light on this

swuehl, Gysbert Wassenaar, Steve Dark, Miguel Angel Baeyens John Witherspoon (come back John )

Cheers,

Byron