Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Edit Script not Working

Dear All,

We are facing an issue with one our Qlikview Desktop Software.

Till yesterday the qlikvew desktop was working fine , but today on-wards when we try to goto edit script its stops responding. Does it mean the software got corrupted and required a repair or re-installation.

Regards,

Vasim

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

This has happened to me occasionally, and every time it is caused by me working on two screens and having the script editor on screen 2. Then I undock my laptop, go home, and start QlikView using just one screen. And it is now that I get a problem, since QlikView remembers the position of the dialog.

Use Alt-Space to open the system dialog, choose "Move", and move it with the arrow keys.

Or delete everything in the [WindowPos] section of C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\QlikTech\QlikView\Settings.ini.

HIC

View solution in original post

7 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Its hard to say what can be the reason, but try to reinstall the QlikView Desktop.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

It stops working into any document? If so, try to uninstall and reinstall QV

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thanks for your replies.

The behavior is same for all the application, i understand we may have to repair or reinstall QV.

But how to we get the root cause for such behavior to avoid this in future. As it is in development environment and requires an detail analysis to be submitted to IT audit team for such issues.

Regards,

Vasim

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

You should investigate a little bit more.

Some considerations

• Any upgrade of Windows was applied?
  • Any upgrade of Microsoft .Net was applied?
  • Any other program was installed?
battistiandco
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hello Vasim

I have the same problem. Have you resolved it ?

Regards

Rainer

hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

This has happened to me occasionally, and every time it is caused by me working on two screens and having the script editor on screen 2. Then I undock my laptop, go home, and start QlikView using just one screen. And it is now that I get a problem, since QlikView remembers the position of the dialog.

Use Alt-Space to open the system dialog, choose "Move", and move it with the arrow keys.

Or delete everything in the [WindowPos] section of C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\QlikTech\QlikView\Settings.ini.

HIC

matchas
Contributor II
Contributor II

Thanks Henric. Your post really helpful.