Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
john_duffy
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Enable Condition on Dimensions Shifting Columns

Hello All.

I have a requirement to create a straight table with the following criteria.

All dimensions have the Enable Condition selected.

Some dimensions are to located to the right of some expressions.

The enable/disable of dimesions works fine.

The chart displays in the correct format when all dimensions are selected.

The issue occurs when one or more dimensions are disabled.  The dimensions shift to the left.

I have attached a very simple example to illustrate the issue.  When all dimensions are selected, Contact is displayed between Total Sales and Yearly Sales.  If I deslect Location, Contact shifts to the left of Total Sales.  I want it to stay between Total Sales and Yearly Sales.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

John.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I would not consider it a bug unless it conflicts with published doc. Just a design decision. You could lobby to have it changed,  but that may be disagreeable to people who rely on the current behavior. I think your best bet would be to implement the dummy columns.

Rob

View solution in original post

5 Replies
maxgro
MVP
MVP

? attachment is missing

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

It appears that chart display column order is based on ordinal position of enabled dimensions. The 2nd dimension is positioned to the left of Total Sales. When you disable Location, Contact becomes the "2nd" dimension.

The only workaround I can think of is to swap in blank columns as placeholders for disabled columns,

-Rob

john_duffy
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Thanks Rob.

In your opinion, do you think this is a bug?

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I would not consider it a bug unless it conflicts with published doc. Just a design decision. You could lobby to have it changed,  but that may be disagreeable to people who rely on the current behavior. I think your best bet would be to implement the dummy columns.

Rob

john_duffy
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Thanks Rob.  As always, I appeciate you help.